A Radical Feminist exploration of the realities of Surrogacy
This Conference will explore Surrogacy from a radical feminist viewpoint, looking past the glamorised and sanitised portrayals on social media and TV, to the realities of surrogacy: the women involved, the children born and sold.
We will be exploring:
- Is surrogacy really a gay rights issue, or a ‘rich rights’ issue?
- What are the experiences of surrogate mothers in Ukraine?
- What is the role of the Law Commission?
- What are the government’s plans for surrogacy regulation?
- The Surrogacy Industry
- Jennifer Lahl, founder for the Centre for BioEthics and Culture, who will be hosting a film showing and Q+A .
- Dr Kajsa Ekis Ekman (author of Being and Being Brought: the links between surrogacy and prostitution)
- Radical Feminist Dr Heather Brunskell-Evans
- Stop Surrogacy UK
- And key-note speaker, Kellie-Jay Keen (Standing for Women)
This conference will be an opportunity to learn more about the impacts of surrogacy, as well as meet and discuss with other radical feminists from around the country.